By: Melissa Moniz
- OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph Calibre 45.5mm Stainless steel case with a choice of bezels offered either in orange matte aluminium or matte black ceramic. Matte black dial. Brushed and polished stainless steel bracelet with OMEGA's patented screw- and-pin system. Indexes on the dial are coated with white Super-LumiNova, emitting a blue light as are the polished, faceted rhodium-plated hands. The exception is the minute hand, which emits a green light, as does the dot on the diving bezel. This feature makes it easy for divers to keep track of their time at a glance. $7,900
- BREITLING Chronospace Automatic 46mm Steel case. Designed to combine exceptional design with all the qualities of an authentic pilot's instrument. 1/100th of a second chronograph with split times. Countdown, dual time zone perpetual calendar. SuperQuartzTM movement digital LCD display screens contain a backlighting system for optimal night visibility. $6,860
- CHOPARD Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono Rosso Corsa 44mm Set in titanium with glare-proofed sapphire crystal. Red dial. Water-resistant to 100 meters. 30-minute counter at 12 o'clock, 12-hour counter at 6 o'clock Vibrant red tribute to the Italian car rally and the country's racing color. Case back with an engraving of the storied Brescia-Rome-Brescia route. Barenia racing style straps. 1,000-piece limited edition $8,860
- LOUIS VUITTON Tambour Diving II Automatic 39.5mm Brushed steel case is complemented by a rubber strap with the Louis Vuitton signature. ETA 2895.2 movement Unidirectional external rotating bezel with diving time indicator. Slightly raised rubber letters to aid in the rotation of the bezel. Waterproof up to 100 meters. Hands and indexes luminescent in the dark. $6,575
- ARMAND NICOLET SL5 34.5mm Sand-blasted stainless steel case with rubber parts. Bezel set with 23 diamonds. Sapphire crystal with anti-glare treatment on both sides. Engraved case back. White rubber band with stainless steel deployment buckle. SuperLuminova hands and indexes. $4,100
- CARTIER Rotonde de Cartier Astrorégulateur 50 mm Niobium-Titanium on a black alligator-skin strap. 50-piece limited edition. Price upon request.
Timepieces are Arriving by Land, Sea and Air
Packed with functionality and style, each timepiece is crafted to meet the demands of adventurers and sports enthusiasts who appreciate a good adrenaline rush.
By land is Chopard’s Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono Rosso Corsa, Armin Strom’s Racing Chronograph and Tag Heuer’s Formula 1 Lady. Each offers high-speed features that capture the exhilaration of the racetrack, as well as all the thrills that come with powerful movement.
Breitling has been taking to the skies since 1915 when Gaston Breitling created the first wristwatch chronograph, providing pilots with the first wrist-bound instrument. Since then, the Swiss company has introduced incredible contributions with aviation in mind. Further into the stratosphere, the newly released Chronospace Automatic reaches for space and beyond.
From the depths of the sea are Louis Vuitton’s Tambour Diving II Automatic, Omega’s Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph Calibre and Corum’s Admiral’s Cup Seafender 46 Dive. The most extraordinary universe that still brings us treasures from the deep acts as the muse for these pieces.
Not to be left out, Armand Nicolet turned heads at Baselworld 2011 with the introduction of its SL5 ladies sports watch. Stainless steel, rubber and diamonds blend for a sporty look with a feminine touch.