Tiffany & Co.’s Leather Collection Adds New Materials, Colors
TIFFANY & CO. COMPLEMENTS FALL FASHION WITH ITS NEW sophisticated Leather Collection created by design directors Richard Lambertson and John Truex.
Available are 51 different handbag styles, as well as wallets, coin purses and elegant opera-length gloves. For the gentlemen, there’s a duffle, a Dopp kit and gloves.
- MIU MIU - ‘Nappa Borchie’ $1,495. Created in 1993 by Italian designer Miuccia Prada (granddaughter of Prada founder Mario Prada), Miu Miu is designed for the avant-garde and sophisticated woman.
- MARNI - $1,225 from NEIMAN MARCUS. In 1994, Consuelo and Gianni Castiglioni launched the Italian luxury brand Marni featuring eclectic women’s clothing and accessories.
- GUCCI - ‘Bamboo’ $2,350. Founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921 in Florence, Gucci’s iconic designs have become timeless classics, such as the bamboo bag, which first debuted in the 1940s and remains a favorite of royalty and celebrities today
- DIOR - ‘So Dior’ $3,000. Christian Dior showed his first collection in 1947 in Paris, with a “New Look” of women’s couture ready-to-wear. Today, the fashion house has expanded to include handbags and accessories, as well as designer clothing and accessories for men and children
- MARC JACOBS - ‘The Stam’ $1,350 from DFS GALLERIA. Born in New York City in 1963, Marc Jacobs designed his first collection with the Marc Jacobs label in 1986, and in the following year was awarded The Council of Fashion Designers of America Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent.
- BURBERRY- ‘Shrimpton’ landscape haymarket luggage bowling bag from the Prorsum Collection $1,995. The iconic British luxury brand was established in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, who is credited with developing the weatherproof gabardine fabric and later the Tielocken (the predecessor of the trench coat) worn by British officers during the Boer War. Its signature trench coats continue to be a fashion staple (even for the Queen of England and the Duchess of Cambridge), however, the company has since evolved to also offer readyto- wear and accessories for men, women and children.
- ALEXANDER WANG - ‘Marina’ $850 from NEIMAN MARCUS. A San Francisco native, Alexander Wang moved to New York and launched his first women’s collection in 2007. Only 27 years old, he opened his first flagship store in March in SoHo.
- FENDI - ‘Chameleon’ $2,420. Fendi’s first handbag and fur workshop was established in 1925 in Rome. Fendi continues to deliver exceptional collections under the design leadership of both Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi. Photo from Fendi.
- SALVATORE FERRAGAMO - ‘Gancio Lock’ $2,090. In 1919, Salvatore Ferragamo opened a boot shop in Santa Barbara and became the shoemaker for stars before returning to Italy in 1927 to start the Salvatore Ferragamo company.
- HERMÈS - ‘Toolbox 33cm’ $8,600. In 1837, Thierry Hermès opened a harness-making shop in Paris. Hermès is now known for its legendary pieces such as the Kelly bag, the Birkin bag and its popular silk scarves. Photo from Hermès.
- TOD’S - ‘D-Styling Luxury’ bauletto mini with crystals $8,175. This gorgeous crystal embellished bag is part of Tod’s D Styling family of bags, a Tod’s iconic style that has been a favorite of Princess Diana and Princess Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, as well as Hollywood royalty such as Anne Hathaway, Demi Moore and Charlize Theron. Diego Della Valle founded Tod’s in Italy in the late 1970s with the signature Gommino moccasin, and in 1997 expanded his vision of contemporary luxury to bags.
- EMPORIO ARMANI - ‘Natalie’ mohair clutch in teal $1,095. Emporio Armani, created by Giorgio Armani in 1981, is the fashion-forward extension of the Armani house featuring men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories.
“The collection reflects an urban influence on fashion and a preference for more tailored, cleanlined silhouettes, and we’ve further defined them with rich, saturated colors,” says Lambertson. “We’ve used new materials including velvet and ostrich, and fresh colors such as burgundy and navy.”
Most of the handbags include a signature Tiffany Blue interior, and some of the hardware has a Tiffany Blue enamel finish. The collection also incorporates many important trends of the season, such as leopard print, studded nappa and lean shapes. However, each bag was designed with a timeless objective.
“The new leather collection serves the functions of modern life while also recognizing and honoring timeless quality, design sensibility and chic style that has made Tiffany & Co. one of the world’s most famous luxury brands,” adds Truex. “It speaks to a modern, easy and elegant way of living.”
The Tiffany Leather Collection ranges from $50 to $17,500 and is available at select Tiffany locations worldwide.
Pack Your (Hand) Bags
Globetrotting in Style
PHOTOGRAPHY BY TWAIN NEWHART
FOR WOMEN, luxury handbags are not only must-have fashion accessories but they’ve also become international status symbols. Here are some of the newest beautifully crafted purses from the world’s top fashion houses.